ARCHITECTURAL BIM COORDINATOR
A BIM coordinator is responsible for the process of generating and managing BIM models for the respective discipline. In addition to creating, revising, and inputting BIM models, the coordinator might also supervise other employees working with BIM models.
Therefore, it is essential they have the verbal and written communication skills to succeed in this position. Previous experience in a similar role is generally required or preferred. Additionally, BIM coordinators must work well in a group setting, as well as on their own with minimal supervision.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensuring collaborative behaviors are fully complied with across their discipline team;
• Compiling and managing the combined discipline model, for their discipline;
• Agreeing and setting up a plan, elevation, and section views within the combined discipline model;
• Exchanging discipline design models through Aconex,
• Uploading of files in the agreed format, extracted from their discipline design models to Aconex on a
• Review 3D Models from consultants and contractors
• Conduct clash detection and visual walkthroughs using NavisWorks Manage
• Audit and review models in Autodesk Revit
• Hold weekly coordination meetings with project team members
• Early design review and constructability analysis
• Assigning discovered geometric collisions to appropriate persons responsible for a given model,
• Grouping and logical naming of collisions for easier identification
• View collision reports with relevant project team members
• Update collision reports and send them to the project management
• Verifying if the information entered in the model is correct
• Verifying if all exported data from the model are complete and accurate
• Ensure that the model parameters are compliant with the BEP
• Initial configuration of 3D models in modeling programs
• Configuring models for all disciplines to ensure that the correct coordinate system is used and models
• Implementing design templates in modeling tools
• Creating solutions to improve the workflow with models
• Creating element families or an internal element library within the project
• Participating in the inaugural meetings to ensure that everyone understands the BIM process
• Establishing an agenda for regular coordination meetings,
• Transferring models to new software versions (previously agreed with the whole project group)
• Verifying compliance.
• Checking if any data has been omitted during the transfer.
Qualifications & Technical Skills:
Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, or Engineering.
At least 4 years of experience in BIM Implementation on major projects or programs.
Must have experience working on various multi-story buildings as part of the Consultant or Contractor.
Advanced capabilities with BIM authoring and proprietary software applications such as Revit, Dynamo, Navisworks, BIM 360, or similar applications.
Possess excellent English communication skills with an ability to form effective relationships with project delivery team, Client, and Contractor. Arabic speaking will be a plus.
Excellent writing skills in preparing letters, technical instructions, analytical reports, and presentations.
Strong organizational skills, and attention to detail
Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Power BI
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency, and meet challenging work goals
Ability to take on additional responsibilities as needed as well as determine and manage priorities with minimal guidance
Must possess and maintain exceptional work ethic as well as uphold company values and demand the highest standard of conduct from self and others
Interested candidates may send their CV and portfolio to email@example.com
Please put EGY-ARC BIM COORDINATOR as the subject of your application