The Civil Inspector will be responsible for providing technical support to the Resident Engineer / Structural Engineer and for reviewing, monitoring, inspecting and supervising all Civil / Structural works during the construction phase of the project. He/She shall have the responsibility for checking that the Contractor’s works are carried out in accordance with best practices, statutory and client requirements and in accordance to the IFC drawings and specifications.
• Civil Engineering Diploma (Min.)
• Min 5 years of experience as a site Civil Inspector in UAE for supervision of multi-discipline Building Projects
• Must have integrity, be flexible and proactive
• Must demonstrate the ability to act independently as part of a team
• Ability to read and interpret construction plans/specifications
• Ability to track ongoing construction activities as well as schedule manpower and coordinate upcoming construction activities
• Ability to accurately document field activities through reports and photos
• Good communication skills in written and spoken English
• Good team player, able to communicate effectively with colleagues
• Consultancy experience is favourable
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• To conduct civil site inspections as required and as per Inspection Schedule and WIRs issued by Contractor.
• Review & verify Setting Out/Layout of structural elements, foundations, tie beams, slab edges, columns etc.
• Inspect structural/civil materials delivered to Site for compliance with approved materials.
• Inspect Civil / Structural elements to confirm accuracy with approved Shop Drawings.
• Witness structural tests and inspections in accordance with Contract Requirements.
• Inspect Contractor’s Formwork/Shuttering/scaffolding systems and the like for compliance with Drawings, Specifications and approved method statements.
• Inspect Rebar / Steel arrangements for compliance with Drawings, Bar bending schedules & Specifications.
• Inspect Steelwork erection/welding/priming and painting.
• Inspect sub-structure waterproofing works as required.
• Inspect civil works at relevant stages i.e. setting out, blockwork erection, preparation for plastering, completion of plastering, painting preparation, painting etc.
• Witness waterproofing and flood tests for wet areas.
• Inspect and ensure all necessary insulations/vapour barriers and the like are installed as per approved Shop Drawings and Specifications.
• Verify and inspect all concrete deliveries for compliance with grade of concrete/slump etc.
• Witness all concrete pours as per Concrete pour schedules.
• Witness all concrete curing etc. are being carried out as per Specifications.
• Witness de-shuttering activity and inspect de-shuttered works for defects and /or non-conformities.
• Verify that approved QA/QC Procedures are being followed by Contractor.
• Witness digging of boreholes etc. for installation of de-watering wells as per approved Method Statement.
• Inspect any shoring works for compliance with approved Method Statement.
• Witness any Statutory Inspections.
• Inspect external civil/structural works, i.e. trenching, underground services prep works, compaction, landscape civil/structural works for compliance with Drawings, Specifications and approved method statements.
• Attend civil works snagging and de-snagging inspections and prepare snag lists as applicable.
• Mark-up structural/civil construction modifications on the drawings while on-site, assisting in Contractor’s preparation of as-built drawings.
• Prepare the schedule of incomplete structural/civil works or defects prior to issuing TOC.
• Attend weekly Progress Meeting if required and directed by Resident Engineer.
• Attend QA/QC Meetings and identify issues concerning quality standards.
• Attend and report site coordination sessions with Main contractor & Sub-contractors.
• Coordination with Architectural / MEP Disciplines for ensuring structural requirements are addressed adequately.
• Coordinate with Resident Engineer for site issues.
• Monitor Contractor’s works for compliance QA/QC Plans.
• Coordinate with Contractor / Sub-Contractors site representatives for accuracy and sequencing of works
Reports & Records
Report comments on WIR’s as applicable.
• Issue Site Observation Notes and NCRs as applicable.
• Prepare notes on QA/QC issues if applicable.
• Coordinate with Civil / Structural Engineer and prepare responses to RFI’s, etc.
• Check and verify Structural/Civil As-built drawings as applicable.
Salary Range: 8000 - 10000 AED
Interested candidates may send their CV to email@example.com
Please write CIVIL INSPECTOR as the subject of your application